Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bod.e 12 Week Challenge Days 3 & 4



Sorry about not posting yesterday for the bod.e challenge. So I will update for yesterday and today :-) This week has been much easier than either of us thought it would be! Brad is diggin his meal plan, we make adjustments where needed, but the recipes are really yummy so we're happy about that!

Yesterday morning when I got up, I had the rest of the chicken and tomato salad that I didnt eat the night before with my shot of Vemma. When I finally got Brad out of bed (he says he's sleeping so much better these last few days while being on this weight loss journey!), he got up and had his Vanilla Bod.e Shake before we headed out the door for our 1 mile walk. He always takes a bottle of water with him, and I take my Verve (poured into my tumbler cup with ice) energy drink. Because he woke up late, it was getting pretty dark out when we went for our walk. And the trees along the sides of the trail didnt help lol. Brad said he wanted to strap a flashlight to my face lol.

It was a good walk and Skyla wasnt so worn out like she was on the 2 mile walk lol. Since yesterday was his high carb day, we each had 2 roast beef philly wraps (low carb tortilla, cream cheese spread, 4-5 slices of roast beef each tortilla, some tomatoes, and then mixed greens) which were actually soooo good! I was surprised because I dont care much for tomatoes but with the cream cheese in there and the roast beef and mixed greens, it didnt bother me so much!

Then because it was a high carb day, Brad had another shake mid day. I packed up his food to take to work, turkey tacos (yum!) with ground turkey, low sodium black beans, some cheese, and mixed greens in a low carb tortilla. And also some celery with natural peanut butter. He also took a bod.e burn to drink with his celery, and a bottle of water.

Then today, another low carb day, he tried the chocolate shake (yummy I tried some and like that one better lol) right before we headed out for our 2 mile walk. Today we went 2.6 miles instead because Brad wanted to push it just a little bit further :) We had a busy road to cross when we got down there, and since we had Skyla with us who gets nervous around cars, we just turned around and came back. But the walk was amazing and we took it slow (instead of the power walk that well, that I've been doing lol) so it felt great!

On the menu for today was cottage cheese with cucumbers. Brad lol wont try cottage cheese - I dont know why, it's really not THAT bad lol - so I made him 2 scrambled eggs to go along side his cucumbers. He liked that better :) I had a whole wheat english muffin (toasted) with some butter spray and peanut butter.

We headed over to his parents house for a bit to take them a couple of things we had of theirs, and we sat for a while and chatted. Brad's mom is going to start drinking the Vemma shots, so we took some over to her to get her started. We let her know that if any of her friends also want some, that she will get hers for free each month :-) Who doesnt love free stuff?!

We got home and it was about time to eat again. Turkey melts were on the menu, I still had 2 left over from the other day so it was super easy to get that out of the fridge and heat it up with some salsa and cheese. I also had a couple of dill pickle spears and Brad had 1 pickle spear.

That brings us to right now, Brad is eating some celery with natural peanut butter (he loves those things) and drinking a bod.e burn with it. I have to get up and see what I want to eat. I may go ahead and make myself another turkey taco ;-) Yes it's a high carb meal but I have recently realized I should probably be on somewhat of a different diet than he is on. Our body types are much different, and with the walking and added exercising we'll be doing starting next week - I should be eating a different menu all together. But I'll go into that later after I do a little more research on it. Its just so much easier for us both to eat the same thing so Im not making 2 different meals, and he's not craving something that Im having.

Recap for Day 3 High Carb Meal Plan for Brad:
~ Bod.e Shake for breakfast
~ Roast Beef Philly Wrap (drank his bod.e cleanse shortly after)
~ Bod.e Shake
~ Bod.e Burn and Celery with Natural Peanut Butter
~ Turkey Tacos with water

Recap for Day 4 Low Carb Meal Plan for Brad:
~ Bod.e Shake for breakfast
~ Scrambled Eggs (2) with Cucumber and Viniagrette Dressing on the side, ZS Verve to drink
~ Turkey Melt with 1 Dill Pickle Spear
~ Bod.e Burn and Celery with Natural Peanut Butter
~ Garlic Lime Chicken (on the george foreman grill)

Day 4 and we're still feeling good! How is your week going?

1 comment:

  1. Great and nice blog. I really like it. Thanks for sharing this blog.

    Please visit my website: http://www.visionsix.org/

    ReplyDelete