Monday, March 11, 2013

Bod.e 12 week Challenge - Day 1




Hi guys! I would like to introduce you to my husband Brad. He is starting the Vemma Bod.e weight-loss challenge with Chris Powell (host of Extreme Makeover Weight Loss). Today is our first day of the challenge and I just wanted to share with you each day what we are doing, what we are eating, and if we were able to get some exercise in that day.

To start with, my husbands beginning weight is 342 lbs. His over-all weight-loss goal is to lose 92 lbs. I will be supporting him in his eating and exercise routine and would not be surprised if I lost some weight myself! So, I guess I will post my weight too and we'll see how I do :D My starting weight is 133 lbs. I used to be 110 lbs pre-3beautifuldaughters so if I could lose even 15 lbs and be around 115 again I would be happy with that! Now I guess we should post our ages? Does that make a difference? Brad is 32 and I am, um, lets say, older than 34 but younger than 36, does that work? LOL

Brad currently works night shift at his job, so that makes things a tad difficult as far as eating what he eats when he eats it and finding the right time to get that exercise in together when its not his day off. However, we will do the best we can and I will share it with you in hopes that you can follow us along on our journey and maybe start a weight loss journey of your own!

So this morning/afternoon we got up and got ready to go to the Vemma Area Event in Atlanta, GA. It was my first live event (i.e. not something I watched on youtube) so I was super excited! Brad started off with his first meal of the day which is the Bod.e shake (1 cup of skim milk with 1 scoop of vanilla shake), and had a Bod.e burn right after. He then grabbed his Verve on our way out the door (he did not grab a zero sugar verve which I was surprised at and told him those regular verves are mine and what is he doing.. lol). I drank my Vemma shot, had about 1/2 glass of 1% milk and we ran out the door.

Because the event in Atlanta was a 2 hour drive, and Brad needs to eat every 3 hours, we figured we would stop at a restaurant after the event before heading home. So we went to Chili's and we both had chicken salads with ice water. I also drank a Verve on our way to the event. They had pizza at the event lol which we thought was a little strange, but we passed and instead grabbed a couple of Verve Bold cans that were offered.

So we get home and its about time to eat yet again! Wow this is going to take some getting used to! I cleaned up the kitchen, then got out the ground turkey from the fridge, pre-heated my george forman grill, made turkey patties with one of those hamburger press plastic things (it was the first time I had used it and actually, it was awesome!). I was able to make 4 patties out of the 1 lb of the ground turkey (which for those who are on a budget, the store price for the pre made turkey patties, 4 count, was $1 more than grabbing the ground turkey), so Brad had one patty with some salsa and provolone cheese, and I had them same. The other two patties (cooked, may as well cook them all at the same time!) went in the fridge for another day. Oh, and I had another 1/2 cup of 1% milk and Brad drank a bottle of water.

So that brings us to now, I am not sure if we will be up in another 3 hours to eat again. But on the menu for 3 hours from now is a can of Bod.e burn with some celery and natural peanut butter. What does that leave for me to eat? Good question... However, I have a feeling that day 1 will be a half menu meal day.

We did not get any exercise in today, unless you count the walk from the parking garage, through the rain, and into the hotel for the Vemma event as exercise lol.

Recap for Day 1 Low Carb Meal Plan for Brad:

~ Bod.e Shake for breakfast (drink your first bod.e cleanse probably around the same time)
~ Chicken salad with a few vegetables, water to drink
~ Turkey Melt (ground turkey patties, dab of salsa on top, cover with provolone cheese to melt), water to drink
 We did not have the rest of the meal plan, but I will post it in case you are following us!
~ Bod.e Burn, Celery with Natural Peanut Butter (6 celery sticks topped with natural peanut butter)
~ Chicken and Tomato Salad (boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 1/2 cups mixed greens, 1/4 cup sliced cucumber, 1/4 medium bell pepper sliced, 3-4 yellow and/or red grape tomotoes, 2 tbs reduced fat balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing)

If you are doing your own weight-loss journey, I would love to hear how you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment